Our client, an international leading shop fitting and POP display organisation are working with some of the world’s largest brands and retailers. Since there recent growth, they are expanding and are recruiting a Project Buyer for a Maternity cover.
As a key member of the Supply function, the Project Buyer will take ultimate ‘ownership’ of relevant key projects within the company’s cross-functional team structure, covering all operational issues.
The successful candidate will be following design conception through to completion and delivery of the tangible ‘product’ to the client and working directly with our global supplier network, liaising closely with sales, design and where necessary the customer to ensure the smooth flow of work through the business and satisfactory completion of projects on time, within budget and to the company’s quality standards.
- Manage the progress of each project, taking full ownership, providing accurate information as required, to Sales and where necessary, direct to the customer.
- Ensure best price and delivery by means of benchmarking and negotiation with suppliers prior to submitting final costs.
- Work proactively on methods to drive efficiency and reduce cost by means of optimising use of the supply chain
- Maintaining budgetary control of all projects within the field of responsibility. Providing a major contribution to the company’s financial reporting system.
- Through active consultation with fellow team members and particularly the Project Manager, plan and facilitate work throughput, responding to and controlling change to ensure appropriate prioritisation of tasks.
- Ensuring appropriate quality control/assurance is maintained at all stages of the supply chain. Planning and overseeing on-site supervision of work in progress, where necessary.
- Interact directly with our overseas liaison offices, suppliers, partners and inter-company divisions by way of conventional communications media and foreign travel.
- Working with the Sourcing team to help drive new supplier selection, development and performance initiatives on a world-wide basis.
- Provide advice and intelligence to Designers and Sales staff on the external processes and services we manage, in terms of availability and prevailing commercial influencers.
Experience and Attributes:
- At least 5 years’ experience of buying / project management within a similar industry with a bias towards out-sourcing as opposed to in-house manufacture.
- An understanding of technical drawings
- A track record of project buying POP and ancillary services, particularly relating to assemblies comprising of metal, plastic and wood based materials.
- Direct experience of managing both domestic and over-seas suppliers. Some experience in the Far Eastern supply market would be a distinct advantage.
- Computer literacy with a high level of competence with spread-sheeting, word-processing and production planning software.
- Highly numerate, able to analyse and add value to information
- Willingness to explore all angles to achieve solutions with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- First-rate organisational skills are a pre-requisite of this role
- A high energy level is an essential attribute
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Level 4 or above
BA (Hons) or HND in Business and Finance.Apply Now